As you all may know, I went to see NEWS Live Tour 2012 in Kobe about a week ago. This was my first time seeing NEWS and I thought I would give you some of my thoughts about the con, goods, and give some highlights that I enjoyed. This really isn’t a con report, but just some random thoughts that I had after the con. Its not in any particular order, just in the order I remembered these things in.
- The goods line was a lot longer than I thought it was going to be. My friend and I got there at around 10:30am (when the goods line was supposed to open) and I thought it would take about 30 minutes to get through the line, but I was wrong. It took about an hour and a half to get through and in the blazing hot sun. We got out of the line around noon.
- The venue itself was HUGE! It was almost the same size of the domes, but with just less seats.
- The main stage had a castle on it and NEWS all came out on the letters of NEWS. The walkways of the stage to get to the center stage had the NEWS letters in the cardinal directions.
- The con started out when it was still light out and after the MC it got dark and they had us do “the wave” by turning on our penlights starting from one end of the venue to the other.
- Once it got dark, some of the the lights of the stage were turned onto the trees behind the venue and it created a cool effect that the stage was even bigger than it was.
- One of my favorite parts of the show was the Sayendo/ Kibou yell/ other song (I can’t remember the name) medley that NEWS collaborated with a High School marching band.
- During the MC, Tegoshi was forced to do hold his long “chankapana” note that he does at the end of the song for as long as he could and then Shige was told to do it after that and failed. haha
- Bambina and Dancing in the secret were my other favorite part of the con because of the dancing and the costumes. Tegoshi started out a cappella but I couldn’t follow the tune very well. It was probably because I was all the way in the back of the venue though.
- Lets go to the planets, Ai wa simple na curry rice and the “princes” video were adorable!
- They did Chankapana 3 times in the concert and NEWS Nippon and Weeek were twice.
- They all did their solos from the Chankapana single. Massu’s was my favorite, followed by Tegoshi and Koyama.
- At the first encore performance of Chankapana, they had fireworks shoot off at the end of the song while they were singing the last chorus. That was AMAZING!
- The concert flowed very well and I was entertained the whole time.
- They performed for a full 3 hours: 5:30pm-8:30pm. I did not get back to Osaka station until almost 11:00pm. It took a long time to get out of the venue after the concert ended.
- For the con goods, I bought the Massu and group poster, bath towel, Bag, All photo sets but shige, pamphlet, and penlight.
Well, thats about it! I hope you all enjoyed reading my thoughts on this! I will add more if I remember anything else!
And, thank you NEWS for an amazing concert! This was am amazing comeback tour after 3 years of no proper tour.