Hi Everyone! I am back with a report about the 10 year anniversary event in Tokyo dome! Since there have already been a lot of reports already released, mine will be short and to the point with some things that I personally noticed and enjoyed during the concert! So, lets get started!
-The show started about 5-7 minutes late because people were still flooding into their seats in the arena. Eventually everyone started to get anxious and started to do the NEWS call even louder and finally NEWS came on.
– The setlist was basically the same as Tokyo and Kobe, but with a few changes. The added a single medley where they did all of their singles they hadn’t done yet in the concert, as well as they had both marching bands from both the Kobe and Tokyo concerts come and perform with them.
-There was kinda of a Parade thing with the marching bands with NEWS on the floor of Tokyo dome and when the bands originally appeared on stage they did a kinda dueling band drum line show down and I knew right then that it was both bands from both the Kobe and Tokyo shows.
– During Tegoshi’s solo he had a live rock band backing him up and they continued to back up through the next song, Liar. The intro to Liar with the band reminded me of the beginning of the band segments of a KJ8 concert and it was super cool!
-Tegoshi also messed up in the beginning of his solo starting out with the 2nd verse instead of the 1st one and told everyone to stop and to restart and apologized cutely.
– For the event part of the concert, it happened during the MC and they did a variety of things. First they showed old footage of each of the members and then they came out in their real debut costumes for NEWS Nippon. Shige’s pants were so tight they wouldn’t zip up properly and he had to go and change during the 2nd part of the event.They also at one point showed a morphing of how each of the members have changed from debut to now through pictures. Everyone when Koyoama’s pictures came on started shouting “charai”
– Also during the Event, NEWS told us they gave us a present, which were the wrist bands that were handed out at the doors when we came inside the Dome. They gave away other things during it too to specific seat numbers. Massu gave away a signed copy of his solo winkup, Tamiya Plamodel Spray paint in each of the members’s colors, and a bracelet he was just wearing. Tegoshi gave away a soccer ball he used on tour and the Mini 4WD he made during the Album DVD. Koyama gave away his whole suit that he wore for a year on Mirai theater and Shige gave away 2 photos, 1 he took and 1 of himself that he signed. They also gave away signed concert goods but they had the seat numbers posted at the end of the show and didn’t announce it in person, probably for time sake.
-The last present they gave us fans was a song that they wrote together called “Ai Kotoba”, which I think will officially be replacing Share from now on. It can be viewed on September 15th for 24 hours on the Johnnys Entertainment website (the record label) not the Johnnys and Associates website. There will also be special shop photos from the event on sale at the 4 Johnnys shops nation wide from September 15th until the end of the month.
-During the ending speeches I cried because Massu started crying as soon as he started his speech. As you all may know, Massu is my favorite member and I look up to him a lot so it was like I was crying in happiness with him and in disbelief with him that NEWS was able to stand in Tokyo Dome again. He said some of the same things he always says, like he couldn’t believe that so many people have the same plans to come to see them at the same time kinda thing and we all chuckled at that while crying with him. When he was going off stage, Koyama hugged him and it was the cutest thing ever. Koyama almost started crying during his speech but was like “No, I am the leader, I can’t cry!” Jokingly and changed the conversation to being really happy and playing around with the audience saying that since he was the leader of NEWS, he was also the leader of the NEWS fans and told us not to cheat on them with other groups jokingly! Koyama also said again that he wanted NEWS to be the ones that us fans come to in hard times to forget those hard things for a while and then tomorrow work hard again. I love that about NEWS so much and I feel that power from them always, even not during concert season. I don’t remember Shige or Tegoshi’s speeches very well, unfortunately.
– During the time between when they left the stage and the encore, us fans did a surprise for NEWS! Also when we came in, we received a glow stick with our wristbands and we were supposed to keep that a secret from NEWS. So we turned off our regular penlights and cracked the glow sticks and we surprised NEWS with glow sticks in all of their colors when they came out for the encore! The dome looked amazing all lit up in the member colors and they were so surprised! I ended up getting Shige’s at first, but my friend is a Shige fan so I traded her for the pink one! While walking back to the hotel, a girl stopped me and asked if I wanted to trade glow sticks because I was holding a Massu Uchiwa with a pink glow stick and she traded me for a yellow stick! Thank you to that very nice fan! NEWS fans are just amazing, Foreign or Japanese!
-The final encore song they did Koi Matsuri again and it was so much fun! It is my favorite song of this tour hands down! Even during the regular concert it was my favorite song to do in concert and I hope that they continue to have that song in concert from now on, as well as 4+Fan.
Thank you NEWS for an amazing experience. I will always be your fan, even when I become older and become more of an adult. You guys give me energy and the power to do what I love and become an amazing adult. Thank you, NEWS. Happy 10 Year anniversary!
I hope you guys enjoyed my short report! If you have any questions, as always, please comment below!