This Month’s Theme is: Leather and Sweatshirt material, “Rough Style” Outing!
For this volume, I was given the themes “Sweatshirt Material outing” and “Casual Rider Jacket” from the editing department to try. I love both, so I decided to combine them! Rather than a leather rider jacket with skinny pants and boots, I styled a loose base with the rider jacket instead.
The instant I saw this Jean Paul Gaultier leather rider jacket in the store, I bought it. This was something sold for spring/summer, but since it is easy to pair and I like the light thickness of the jacket, I can wear it during the autumn and winter as well!
For example, if you go out to eat in this style and take off your jacket in the restaurant. When you leave and put the jacket back on, the feel of the outfit becomes different. I think that is so cool! If you had met at the restaurant and didn’t realize that the other person was wearing a rider jacket, it’s like “Wow! They’re wearing a rider jacket! (LOL)” 1
It’s really awesome if a girl pairs a dress with a rider jacket. From any angle, it’s cute!
The set-up2 that is under the jacket is a layered tank top style that I have been into. I have been into wearing to long tank tops that you can see the hem sticking out of the bottom of the jacket, if the base is a t-shirt and pants combination as the base. Finding items like this tank top makes me really happy!
- Givenchy Aquamarine was really popular when I was in middle school. I bought this for the first time in a while and I still love this scent after many months and years.
- This was a present from a close friend. I love towels, so I was really happy to revive it.
- I recieved a pair of sunglasses from the same brand before and I liked them so I bought another pair of them in a different style. BUT, one day when I was organizing my sunglasses I realized that I had 2 of the same design (LOL)
- This paragraph was meant to covey that he likes that the feel of how the outfit changes when you take the jacket on and off.
- A set-up is an outfit that the top and the bottom are the same material and print and it is popular clothing for men and women here recently in Japan.
*Disclaimer* I am still actively learning Japanese and this translation is not perfect. This translation is as direct of a translation as I can make it and I took some liberties as a native English speaker to make it flow better in English, as some things don’t translate well into English from Japanese.